Cliffside Park Residents Can Click On The Link Below For Up To Date News Directly From The Bergen County Official Website
**** IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL RESIDENTS OF CLIFFSIDE PARK ****
A State of Emergency and a Public Health Emergency has been declared by the State of New Jersey and County of Bergen to contain the spread of COVID-19.
In the interest of public health, the Borough of Cliffside Park will take the following actions to minimize the spread of the COVID-19.
In response to COVID-19 the Borough of Cliffside Park has implemented the following:
• Borough Hall will be closed temporarily to visitors effective 3PM on Monday March 16, 2020. Borough Departments are open and functioning, but will require that you telephone or e-mail the office you need to contact so arrangements can be made to assist you. All Borough Departments can be reached through the Borough’s Main Switchboard at 201-945-3456 or visit the Borough’s website at WWW.CLIFFSIDEPARKNJ.GOV for email contacts for any person or department you need to reach.
• All local parking and meter regulations are suspended untilfurther notice;
• By order of the Bergen County Executive, the following Public Buildings are closed:
– Public Schools
– Public Library
– Housing Authority and Senior Activity Center
– Municipal Parks
– Recreation Department and Scheduled Events
• The Department of Public Works is open and will be servicing all Residents per the DPW Calendar. If you have any questions, please call the Department of Public Works at 201-943-3675.
• The Building Department will suspend all inspections until further notice. If you have any questions, please call the Building Department at 201-313-2042.
• All local government services (Mayor’s Office, Office of Emergency Management, Department of Public Works, Police, Fire, Emergency Medical Services, Administration) will continue to operate as directed by the Governor and/or County Executive.
If you have any further questions, the New Jersey State Department of Health, in partnership with the New Jersey Poison Information and Education System, has made available a 24-hour hotline, you can contact them at 1-800-222-1222.
Our decision to take these actions is to ensure we are taking the proper precautions to preserve the health and safety of our residents and employees. These procedures are temporary and have been put in place to protect our personnel, their families and those we serve.
All Municipal Departments may be reached through the Borough’s Main Switchboard at201-945-3456.
Cliffside Park resident Dr. Mehmet Oz has a informative video to all citizens of the borough we call home on the precautions and advice we can use to best protect ourselves and our families as we deal with the Coronavirus issue:
Welcome to the official Borough of Cliffside Park Website! Here you will find information regarding borough events, meetings, services and other items of interest.
Founded in 1895, Cliffside Park has come a long way from a town that consisted of farms and woodlands. “On Top of The Palisades”, is a perfect description of the borough’s geography. Conveniently located between the George Washington Bridge and the Lincoln Tunnel, it is home to many New York City business people who find it an easy commute. Cliffside Park is one square mile, and home to approximately 25,000 people.
Residents of the borough enjoy a multitude of restaurants – everything from Italian to Turkish. The main thoroughfare, Anderson Avenue, or “The Avenue” as it is affectionately referred to, has many wonderful stores for shoppers to explore. The form of government is Mayor and Council. There are six council members, with two elected every 3 years on a rotating basis. The Mayor serves a four-year term. There are four elementary schools, a middle school, an Early Learning Center and a high school. For more information regarding the school system see the Cliffside Park School District Official Website
Cliffside Park On Demand is a series of monthly informative videos featuring our community leaders, local business owners, borough employees and residents of Cliffside Park. We invite you to view our most recent episode below:
To view all of the previous monthly On Demand videos, please click here.
Cliffside Park is proud to offer our residents and Borough professionals access to our eCode360 site database where you can view Borough Ordinances and Municipal Codes on a variety of topics. We invite you to access that page here.
Borough residents can also view see “In The News” section on the Quick Links menu. You may also view the Calendar link for any specific dates of upcoming events, meeting dates and times, religious holidays, etc.