The Fire Department undertakes a vast amount of services for the Borough of Cliffside Park; they are the sole authority for fire suppression and extinguishing of fires. In addition they provide all extrication services for motor vehicle accidents. Special services include high angle rescue/ repelling team, pumping of flooded basements; and responding to all calls for carbon monoxide and gas leaks.
The Fire Prevention Bureau conducts all inspections of life hazard uses and all non-life hazard uses. It provides all inspections for sales of property. Another responsibility of the Bureau is to provide all public education on fire prevention programs throughout the borough. Its public education programs involve all members of the fire department during the year. Two full-time inspectors & one part-time sub-code official, staff the Fire Prevention Bureau.
The Cliffside Park Volunteer Fire Department is a member of the New Jersey State Firemen's Association. If you are interested in becoming a member, applications can be can be picked up at the Fire Department offices or from any member of the Fire Department.
Requirements to Apply
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must in good physical health. Department provides a complete medical physical from the borough's medical facility.
- Must live in the borough of Cliffside Park or within 1 mile of its borders.
- Never been convicted of a crime or have a criminal record.
- Should have a valid New Jersey state drivers license.
Benefits of Becoming a Member
- Serving the town where you live.
- Earn a stipend
- College funding for yourself, spouse, and children.
- Earn free college credits with your fire training.
- Completely covered by workmen’s compensation, life insurance, burial fund, fire relief funds, and disability.
- Clothing allowance for damaged clothing.
- Become part of a great organization, meet great people, get satisfaction of helping people.
Apparatus of the Fire Department
- We operate 3 front line engine / pumpers
- 102ft ariel tower ladder
- 1 Mini-pumper
- 1 Tractor Drawn Aerial
- 1 61' Sky Boom Pumper
- 3 Ambulances
- 3 Chiefs command vehicles
- 2 Fire prevention vehicles
- 1 EMS Command Vehicle