|Location:||Municipal Complex, 525 Palisade Ave. – Room 370|
|Municipal Administrator:||Joseph Rutch E-mail the Borough Administrator|
|Municipal Clerk / Deputy Municipal Administrator:||Sercan Zoklu E-mail the Borough Clerk|
|Deputy Municipal Clerk:||Suzette McKeithan E-mail the Deputy Borough Clerk|
|Hours of Operation:||8:30 A.M. – 4:30 P.M.|
Core Duties of the Municipal Clerk:
- Act as secretary to the municipal corporation and custodian of the municipal seal and of all minutes, books, deeds, bonds, contracts, and archival records of the municipal corporation.
- Act as secretary to the Governing Body, prepare meeting agendas at the discretion of the Governing Body, be present at all meetings of the Governing Body, keep a journal of the proceedings of every meeting, retain the original copies of all ordinances and resolutions, and record the minutes of every meeting.
- Serve as the Chief Administrative Office in all elections held in the municipality, subject to the requirements of Title 19 of the Revised Statutes;
- Serve as the Chief Registrar of Voters in the municipality, subject to the requirements of Title 19 of the Revised Statutes;
- Serve as the Administrative Officer responsible for the acceptance of applications for licenses and permits and the issuance of licenses and permits and the issuance of licenses and permits, except where statute or municipal ordinance has delegated that responsibility to some other municipal officer;
- Serve as Coordinator and Records Manager responsible for implementing local archives and records retention programs as mandated pursuant to Title 47 of the Revised Statutes;
- Perform such other duties as are now or hereafter imposed by statute, regulation or by municipal ordinance or regulation.
Landlord Registration Statement
Garage Sale Information: Garage Sale permits are available in the Office of the Borough Clerk. Permits cost $5.00 per day and may be used for up to three consecutive days. The operating times for a garage sale are between 9:00 A.M. and 6:00 P.M.
There is a limit of two permits per household per calendar year, and signs may be placed on one’s own property only – you may not post signs in any public place, including on telephone poles and trees.
Street Light Repairs: If an existing street light is not working, please contact the Cliffside Park Police Desk at (201) 945 – 3600 and have the following information available:
- The utility pole number which is located about eight (8) feet high on the utility pole and will start with the initials CP followed by a number
- The address or approximate address of the utility pole
- The intersecting cross-streets
Once the information is received by the Cliffside Park Police Department, PSE&G will be immediately notified.
JUST A REMINDER: The last day to register to vote is 21 days before an election