FOR ALL EMERGENCIES: DIAL 911
|Emergency Medical Services Director:||Michael Russo|
|Email:||Email the EMS director|
The emergency medical service/basic life support ambulance service is organized & licensed under the fire department. A full-time director of emergency medical service, seven full-time emergency medical technicians and a group of part-time emergency medical technicians staffs it. Two emergency medical technicians staff the ambulance 24 hours a day 7 days a week. It provides emergency medical services 365 days a year. All personnel are members of the fire department as certified emergency medical technicians.
Requirements to Apply
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have valid EMT certification.
- Must in good physical condition and be able to lift.
- Never been convicted of a crime or have a criminal record.
- Must have a valid New Jersey state drivers license
- Must have EMS experience.
Job Opportunity for Qualified EMT Candidates
Department: EMS Department
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: Days/ Nights/ Weekends/ Holidays
Job Details: – High School Graduate or Equivalent
– Basic Life Support
– Emergency Medical Tech
The Emergency Medical Technician (“EMT-B”) renders emergency medical care to sick, disabled or
injured individuals based on signs, symptoms or complaints, prior to the individual’s hospitalization or
while transporting the individual between health care facilities.
· Minimum of High School Graduate or equivalent required
· Working knowledge of driver safety and emergency care.
· CEVO certification or equivalent certification for driving – Preferred.
· Knowledge of ICS structure and how to apply in various situations
· Knowledge of NJAC Statutes 8:40
· Current NJ, NY, PA or National Registry EMT
· Current AHA BLS certification
· Current automobile license in good standing
· Pre Hospital or Basic Trauma Life Support (Basic Level)
· Hazmat training at the awareness level or better within the last 12 months
· CEVO training within 3 years
· WMD Awareness 12 months
· Hazardous Material Awareness and Incident Command System Certifications ICS 100 and 200, NIMS 700, NIMS 800
· One to Two years of full-time BLS experience
· Bilingual Preferred
· 1 Year Minimum
Shifts are 7 On – 7 Off; 10:00 A.M. -6:00 P.M.; 8:00 P.M. – 4:00 A.M.
Emergency Medical Service Applications
Applications may be picked up in the EMS Director’s office, or from the Fire Department Secretary and can also be downloaded here. Send the completed application along with a copy of your current resume to the Emergency Medical Services Director, Mr. Michael Russo.