FOR ALL EMERGENCIES: DIAL 911
|Department Chief:||Chief David Martone|
|Department Deputy Chief:||Deputy Chief Greg Yfantis|
|Department Battalion Chief:||Battalion Chief Brian Martone|
|Department Captain:||Captain Michael Hromin|
|Department Captain:||Captain Chris Gaul|
|Department Captain:||Captain Charles Diaz|
|Department Lieutenant:||Lieutenant Michael Hook|
|Department Lieutenant:||Lieutenant Gian Vargas|
|Department Lieutenant:||Lieutenant Tamer Abdallah|
The Cliffside Park Volunteer Fire Department undertakes a vast amount of services for the Borough it serves. They are the sole authority for fire suppression and extinguishing of fires. In addition they provide all extrication services for motor vehicle accidents. Special services include a high angle rescue/repelling team, pumping out water from flooded basements, and responding to all calls for any suspected carbon monoxide and gas leaks.
The Fire Prevention Bureau conducts all inspections of life hazard uses and all non-life hazard uses. It provides all inspections for sales of property. Another responsibility of the Bureau is to provide all public education on fire prevention programs throughout the Borough. Its public education programs involve all members of the fire department during the year. Two full-time inspectors & one part-time sub-code official staff the Fire Prevention Bureau.
The Cliffside Park Volunteer Fire Department is a member of the New Jersey State Firemen’s Association. If you are interested in becoming a member, please download, print, and fill out an application using the link below:
An application can also be obtained and filled out in person at the Fire Prevention Bureau in the Cliffside Park Municipal Complex, located at 525 Palisade Avenue.
Requirements to Apply
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must in good physical health. Department provides a complete medical physical from the borough’s medical facility.
- Must live in the borough of Cliffside Park or within 1 mile of its borders.
- Never been convicted of a crime or have a criminal record.
- Should have a valid New Jersey state drivers license.
Benefits of Becoming a Member
- Serving the town where you live.
- Earn a stipend.
- College funding for yourself, spouse, and children.
- Earn free college credits with your fire training.
- Completely covered by workmen’s compensation, life insurance, burial fund, fire relief funds, and disability.
- Clothing allowance for damaged clothing.
- Become part of a great organization, meet great people, get satisfaction of helping people.
Apparatus of the Fire Department
- We operate 3 front line engine / pumpers
- 102ft ariel tower ladder
- 1 Mini-pumper
- 1 Tractor Drawn Aerial
- 1 61′ Sky Boom Pumper
- 3 Ambulances
- 3 Chiefs command vehicles
- 2 Fire prevention vehicles
- 1 EMS Command Vehicle