Committee Assignments 2016: Finance, Redevelopment, Real Estate, Housing Authority, Building & Grounds
The newest member of the council, Peter Colao, has resided in Cliffside Park for over 50 years. Peter brings a wealth of business experience as Executive Vice President of Calabrese Realty and a Director of Mariner’s Bank. In addition to his professional career, Peter serves as the Chairman of the Cliffside Park Housing Authority and previously served as the tax assessor for the borough. His in depth experience in real estate and development has led to past appointments to the planning boards for Bergen County and Cliffside Park.
Peter was raised in Cliffside Park, and attended elementary school at Epiphany, where he is still a parishioner. He graduated from Xavier High School in New York City, and received a Bachelor of Science in Management from Fairleigh Dickinson University. He has been a volunteer coach for Cliffside Park Little League, Cliffside Park Recreation and Epiphany CYO. Peter and his wife, Janice, reside on Fox Terrace.
- Executive Vice President Calabrese Realty.
- Licensed as a New Jersey Real Estate Broker, Certified Residential Appraiser, Certified Tax Assessor and New York Real Estate Associate.
- Director Mariner’s Bank.
- Chairman, Cliffside Park Housing.
- Former Tax Assessor, Borough of Cliffside Park.
- Member, Planning Boards of Bergen County and Cliffside Park.
- Volunteer, Cliffside Park Little League, Recreation and Epiphany CYO.
- Graduate Xavier High School, New York City.
- Bachelor of Science in Management, Fairleigh Dickinson University.
- Parishioner, Epiphany Roman Catholic Church.